Monday, January 16, 2012

A Mind Transformed

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world,
 but let God transform you into a new person
 by changing the way you think...."  
Romans 12:2 (New Living Translation)

I wonder if it is difficult to recognize a God follower in a world of ungodly people because we allow the circumstances of life to form our thoughts. How many times have I missed an opportunity to shine a light on the Almighty because I have chosen the dark thoughts that bring defeat.  As God prepares me for the mission in a far away place, He reminds me that I must surrender my thoughts to Him.  It is in that surrender that my mind and heart are transformed.

I will not see losses as defeat.  
Instead I will focus on what I gain in the lessons learned from that loss.

Rather than fearing the unknown that lies ahead, 
I will remember the One who holds my future securely in His hand.

I will not dwell on what I lack,
but be grateful for all that I have.

I will not cry for the family I leave behind,
but will love the family I will gain across the ocean.

I will not cast judgement,
but love unconditionally.

I will not hate my weaknesses,
but depend on the Master whose strength is magnified there.

I will not beg God for answers, 
but thank Him that the answers are already being worked out by His hand.

I will not worry about those at home,
but will trust God to meet their needs.

I will look ahead.
I will trust God.
I will listen.
I will follow where He leads. 
I am surrendered.

3 comments:

  1. Mama Brady, you are still the amazing woman I remember. I needed those words today. I will be praying for you and will be following along to see what exactly God has up his sleeve.

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as you continue to surrender your heart and your very life to our faithful God, you will see the fruit of His work in and through you. Press on. You have an amazing journey ahead of you.

    Love,
    Carma

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I will not see losses as defeat. Instead I will focus on what I gain in the lessons learned from that loss."

    I love this because I can be really hard on myself when I make bad decisions. Nathan likes to remind me that we make the best decisions with what we know at the time, so we can't beat ourselves up over what we know now.

    Keep it coming! We're so encouraged by you and your obedience!

    ReplyDelete