Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Godly Woman?

I don't exactly fit in the template of a godly woman as described in Proverbs 31. My husband may praise me and my children are a constant blessing to me, but I have never planted a vineyard, spun flax or sold a handmade sash to a merchant. Yet, finding myself in a difficult situation and wanting to handle it well, my constant prayer became, "Lord, make me a godly woman. I don't even know what that looks like in this situation, but it is the desire of my heart to be pleasing in your sight and to allow these difficult days to mold me into a vessel you can use."
His molding started with my heart. He held it in his hands until it was once again warm and pliable. Then he 'renewed my mind, by changing the way I think."  When my attitude and outlook changed and my heart was filled with his love I began to notice that I was being transformed into a willing vessel, ready to be filled and used as He saw fit. Another wonderful journey in my life was beginning and He was making me ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment