Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Call...

Never have I been more passionate about the vision to which God has called me.Never before has it been more clear that the time is now to discover the mission field where that vision will come alive. Never before have my prayers been more earnestly seeking God's will.  Never before have I experienced more peace in God's waiting room...  Maybe it is because I didn't have to wait long for His answer.
My prayer, "Lord, open the door wide so that I can know for certain that this is the place for me to minister to parents who truly desire to follow You and plant seeds of TRUTH in the heart of their children.  Provide for me a clean canvas to paint the beautiful scene of Your Church partnering with families to become passionate followers who change the world, beginning in the home. I want nothing more than to be a godly woman following your leading. I will go where You lead and do what You have called me to do, just show me the way."
Then the telephone rings. It is Jeff Matas calling from Indiana Ministries.  "Jackie, God has placed your name on my heart. There is a church that Indiana Ministries has planted that is full of new believers who desire to launch an effective ministry to young families and need someone with your passion and experience to guide and encourage them. This would be a 3 month assignment."  Never in my life has God answered a prayer so promptly! Jeff continues... "It is on the Gold Coast in Australia, and a mission assignment so there will be no salary."
Did I just say to God Almighty... "I will go where You lead and do what You have called me to do, just show me the way?"
I don't know the way to Australia! God speaks to my heart... "I do." 
I haven't the means to travel so far away from home! "I have unlimited resources for those who will follow."
I have to have an income and I will be giving up 3 months of income and won't have a job when I return!  "I can provide for you better than you can provide for yourself. I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you a hope and a future... and this is part of that future."
I have never traveled alone beyond state lines nor have I ever traveled abroad. "I made the planet and know it well. I will be your guide on the other side of it just as I am here."
I don't have a specific formula for building such a ministry. "I know what they need, you just have to listen to me."
I am not a master at my trade. There are more gifted people than I. "But I have called YOU."
But, my family! How can I leave my husband, my children and my grandchildren for 3 months? Haven't you also called me to be a faithful guide to my own family? "Your witness to your family is worth so much more when you are obedient to Me. Your surrender speaks my name louder than your presence with them."
I board the plane in 11 days.  I have heard the call of God. With the support of family and friends and the hand of God holding me tightly, I will follow him and I will undoubtedly be transformed; shaped by the sacrifice of leaving my precious family and the blessing of meeting new believers on the other side of the world... but mostly shaped by a willingness to be a lump of clay in the hands of the Potter being shaped into the vessel I must be to answer His call.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I love your witness of obedience! Keep pressing in; He has so much waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete