Monday, February 6, 2012

Pictures from Down Under



Beautiful scene from the backyard pool of a family from Journey Church. They live in the same neighborhood as I, but at a higher elevation.
They are a lovely family: Greg and Kim, Maddie and Christian.  Keep them in your prayers as they seek to establish a godly home for their children.









I am standing in front of the building that Journey is privileged to rent every Sunday. It is a wonderful building and part of Pacific Pines Primary School.



We arrive two and a half hours before church starts for a variety of reasons. This Sunday I discovered that the room had been used for a variety of science experiments and set up took a bit longer.  I think that must have been a very fun class for the kids!


Here you see a traditional Australian Bar-b.  No open fires allowed.  Even in the parks they provide gas grills rather than the fire pits we have in America.
About once a month they have what they call a 'sausage sizzle' after church to promote time for visiting and unity. Just wrap a piece of white bread around it, top with onions or bbq sauce, if you like, and enjoy!
Shall we throw another sausage on the bar-b for you?




We drink primarily water here. Understand why?
Groceries are quite high and the Ravells have families over for a meal a few times a week to build relationships. Pray that God will stretch their dollars to enable them to continue this ministry of hospitality.


Meat pie and veggies!  My Super Bowl lunch. Yes, it was on here and I watched the whole thing.... but I didn't eat the whole thing... too much mince. That's what they call the mixture of meat they use, which is lamb and beef (I think). If it isn't, don't tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment