Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


 Today is Valentine's Day in Australia. For all of my friends in America who are spending it alone... without their true love by their side, I just want you to know that, having already been there a day ahead of you, the world doesn't come to a screeching halt.
 It's just another day... another opportunity to love God and love others.
I wonder what the world would be like if there was more thought put into loving well, than being loved in a way that meets our needs or expectations.
I am truly blessed to have a husband that loves me in a way that helps me to be free to become all that God calls me to be.  People say we are lucky. After 35 years our love continues to grow stronger and our joy becomes more complete.  Not because we are lucky, special or perfectly suited to each other but because we are both committed to honoring each other above ourselves and praying for each other.  It doesn't come naturally, but once you have tasted the sweetness of it, eventually it becomes a way of life that you never want to be without.  Today I am on the other side of the world from Dana, wishing he were here with me, but knowing that our love grows stronger even apart because of a God who makes it so. Feeling pretty blessed!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of Grampa's words of wisdom to me before I got married. He said, "Love because you are a loving person, not because you want your spouse (or anyone else for that matter) to love you." Such wise advise.

    God's love looks good on you, Mom and Dad. Thanks for the example you are to all those around you!

    ReplyDelete