Wednesday, February 4, 2015

10 Things I Would Change... Birthday Musings

My birthday is this week. Kind of makes me think… “If I had it to do all over again….”  Have you ever uttered those words?  Here are 10 of the many things I would do differently.

1)      I would be more gentle to children who are just beginning a lifetime of learning how to make their way in the world and don’t really understand our grown-up rules or the reasons behind them.
2)      I would listen better – even to the unsaid words, because I know that my own emotions and background will distort what I am hearing and change the meaning from what the one speaking intended.
3)      I would create more beautiful things because as I take the time to do so I am transported to a higher plain and transformed by the creativity God has placed within me.
4)      I would have been a better student of the Word at an earlier age because I now know the wealth that is hidden in the pages to draw me into a closer relationship with the One who sees and knows all things.
5)      I would have exercised before I was in my fifties because I would have been much more help and had more fun with the strength and stamina I am just now realizing.
6)      I would have tried harder to speak the truth in love; gently confronting rather than being the one who accommodates others just to keep the peace and in the end, sends the message that undesirable behaviors are acceptable.
7)      I would have prayed and waited more and manipulated less, because altering things to get what you think you need takes away the opportunity to see God bless you beyond your wildest dreams.
8)      I would have spent more on things that would keep me organized and less on things that need to be organized so I’d have less of what I don’t need and more to share with others.
9)      I would have spent less time and energy trying to impress God and more time sitting in His presence, learning who He created me to be and what He really wants me to do.
10)  I would live in joyful expectation, praising God more… panicking less.

May YOU learn to have a richer life, earlier, by considering what you need to change NOW so there are no regrets later! No time like the present!
Now, let’s go eat some ice cream!
“I have come so that you may have life, and have it to the full.”

John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment