Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Peanut Butter Dill Pickle Sandwich Challenge

“The receiving is in the giving.” What a wonderful life lesson made simple. It doesn’t seem to be a true statement. It runs contrary to our keep-things-fair, what-about-my-needs mentality. It’s kind of like a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich. It sounds awful, but once you taste it, it is surprisingly good. I read this quote in a blog that was shared with me this week and I think everyone should read it. Our defensiveness can destroy our relationships. Over the years Dana and I have learned that lesson well and we can testify that giving works and feels so much better than taking, regardless of the outcome. It is just exactly the way Jesus taught us to live. When we let go of our need to justify our feelings and fight back, we can truly begin to love from the heart.
Take a minute to read this blog. Cut and paste it in your browser.  

http://lemonlimeadventures.com/grandma-saved-my-marriage/



Give it a try. It can’t hurt! It will transform how you do life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment