Wednesday, September 27, 2017

True... Not Fake News

When you got up this morning, did you feel like a masterpiece? When you spoke to your wife, did you say the things that should be said to someone who is highly valued by the Creator? When you addressed your imperfect child after they proved their imperfections, did you treat them with the honor due the workmanship of Almighty God? When your husband came home, did he receive the love and respect you would give to God’s work of art?

Dr. Neil Warren cites that research shows that “the average person has up to 1,300 words of self-talk per minute. These self-talk words are the brush strokes that paint pictures in our hearts. These thoughts are seeds we plant in our hearts that grow and produce” (Johnson, 2013, p. 286).
Most people that seek help to overcome stressful situations and anxiety in their lives, are struggling to think of themselves or others as God’s handiwork; His masterpiece. Rather, our minds seem to have a default setting of negativity.

I would encourage you to begin an exercise that can turn your life around and make your heart more pliable in the hands of The Potter… The Creator… your Master Designer… so that you can realize the masterpiece that is looking back at you in the mirror. It will help you see what is the truth, in God's eyes, and not settle for the "fake news" that Satan propagates. It is simple, but requires you to focus and be disciplined and dedicated. It will cost you nothing, but gain you everything.

1.      1)  Take the thoughts in your head at any given time. Picture yourself throwing a net over them and making them your captive.
2.     2)   Bring those captive thoughts to the foot of the throne of God and lay them at His feet. Now they are His to do with as He sees fit. If they are pleasing to Him, He will give them back to you to plant in the soil of your heart so they can grow into what will bring positive things into your life. If they displease Him, out they go!
3.     3)   Replace all the false beliefs and thoughts that have been discarded with thoughts that are true, according to His Word. Let me help you with that…
I I am his masterpiece.
I was created in the image of God and God is love, therefore I am made to love… everyone…always.
 Because God made me to love, He enables me to do so.
I am covered with an amazing grace, because my commitment to follow Jesus covers every shameful, negative memory and behavior and makes me lovely in God’s eyes.
I am loved so much by my Creator that He left heaven to make the ultimate sacrifice for me.
I can become the person He created me to be.
I can do whatever God calls me to do because He is my strength.
My children are a gift from God and I can cherish my time with them and treat them as such.
My spouse is loved by God and I can give them the love and respect that is pleasing to the One who loves them best.
I was made for a mission and listening and following Him will prepare me for that mission.
4.      4)  Repeat 1-3, daily… or hourly, if needed.


We are all a work in progress and every negative thought that we allow to take root in our heart slows that progress. I don’t want to waste my time and alter the legacy that God wants me to leave behind. I want to take advantage of the Power that is available to me through Jesus and allow Him to transform my thoughts. I believe that our behavior is guided by our thoughts, so if you don’t like what you hear coming out of your mouth or the feelings stirring in your heart, do something about it. Your legacy is your choice. Start today. Three simple steps that become your daily routine can change your life. 

2 comments: