Thursday, April 20, 2017

My Lasso of Truth

If you had a super power, what would it be? That is a question I often ask kids just to get conversations started. I think I have landed on the same one, over and over again. TRUTH. Not like Wonder Woman’s lasso of truth that, once you have it around your waist, you are compelled to tell the truth. My super power of truth would allow me to open the minds of all people to see TRUTH.
It is a really important super power, because once you know the truth, you are set free from all the speculation, imaginings and lies of Satan that create fear, doubt and brokenness.

 Marriages crumble because of false perceptions about how your spouse is feeling or what they are thinking. Careers have been destroyed due to the suspicion not based on the truth. Court cases have been lost and innocent people found guilty, all because the truth is obscured from the mind of the jurors. Guilty people, conversely, have walked free because the truth was not told.
Students are wrongly accused, suspected of wrong-doing and they have to work doubly hard to restore the trust of their teachers and classmates. Even our own children have been punished by us because we don’t know what really happened.

So many things would be better if we knew the truth. Jesus even stated that it is truth that sets us free (John 8:32). He wants His followers to believe that He is who He says, and what He says is true. Not just on an intellectual level, but something that you know in your heart… so much so that you are compelled to follow Him. Completely. Totally. Surrendered.

I talk to people every day that live in bondage because they cannot see the truth that God loves and cares specifically about them. They have listened to lies about who God is and, ofen, about who they are. If only I could use my wannabe super power to help them to see God and see that they were fashioned by a Mighty Creator. I would help them to see that this Creator loves them and made them in His very image so that, if they walk with Him and learn from Him, His glory would be reflected in their lives. I would tell them that He truly made them with a purpose and they are no accident. His plan for their life is waiting to unfold once they see the truth of who they are and who God is and allow God’s redemptive grace to reconnect them to Him.

If I could make you see the truth, I would give you faith that the God who made you, loved you enough to leave heaven and become human so that His sacrifice could reunite you with Him for eternity. I would show you that death could not keep Him in the grave, but that He arose from the dead on the 3rd day and returned to heaven to prepare a place for you. I would use my super power to convince you that the Spirit of God remains with you always, and will direct your steps toward God’s intended purpose for you.

But, alas, I have no super power… however, the One who holds all power in His hand is the Author of Truth. His heart’s desire is for you to know the truth about Him, and the truth about yourself. Ask Him to open your eyes and your heart to His Truth, and let Him set you free from the lies that Satan has told you. Live in the freedom of truth and not in the bondage of lies. It will change your life, forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment